Seilers

Seilers
Having some fun

Friday, September 11, 2009

My words are repeated again.

Tommy got two new books from his friend Blake for his birthday. One was a superhero book. Sammie, who had been practicing writing her letters all day wrote her name on the inside of Tommy's new book along with three library books. I was able to clean up two of the library books b/c she wrote her name on the shinny cover. The other two books she wrote her name on the inside flap. Tommy was crushed. Sammie and I had a talk and she was truly sad for Tommy and apologized. The next morning during the car ride to gymnastics Tommy opened his new book to read. Upon opening it he remembered that Sammie wrote in his book and replied to her, "Do you think this makes me happy Sammie?" Ouch those have been my words from time to time when Tommy has deliberately disobeyed me. Sammie broke into tears and explained that she had already apologized. I was sad; my own words repeated back were crushing. God has taught me a lesson on how badly words can hurt.

No comments: