Seilers

Seilers
Having some fun

Sunday, September 21, 2008

When Mommy makes a mistake

Today we picked pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, right from our own back yard. We grew 5 pumpkins and 7 watermelon. After picking the pumpkins and watermelons I had a bright (not so bright) idea. I suggested to Tom Sr. to bring the kids into the front and smash one of the baby watermelons in the street to watch it explode. They watermelons were too small to eat and I thought the kids would think it was fun to watch it break into a bunch of little pieces. So we all went to the front, Tom tossed a watermelon into the air and splat, it exploded into a bunch of pieces. Tommy Jr. immediatly broke into tears exclaiming, "I don't like that, I don't like that!" Eventually he stated that he wanted us to put it back together. Sammie just repeated, "Tommy, its ok." I was so disappointed in myself that my idea made my little guy cry. I did not realize how much Tommy Jr. appreciated the fruit and veggies we grew this summer. Below are the photos of the watermelon, Tommy Jr.'s reaction, Tommy and Sammie enjoying the garden picking and Allie in her favorite spot, the changing table looking into Mommy or Daddy's eyes.





















No comments: