Seilers

Seilers
Having some fun

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Raindrops fallin' on our heads

Today we went to the Library; it is a weekly trip for us. It was sprinkling all morning so it was a perfect day to stay inside. We had a great trip, Allie was less than thrilled but all in all we had a good time. Just as we were leaving the sky had turned black. It was not raining and I remember saying to myself, this must be the calm before the storm. We hurried to the minivan, opened the side doors, Sammie jumped in, we tossed the books in, Allie was set into her chair and then the sky let loose. Tommy and I got drenched. Sammie was scared so she had closed the car door before her brother could get in. My remote was jammed because of the rain and so I could not open the door for Tommy. Sammie yelled through tears of fear, "Mommy, get in!" Tommy came around the front of the car in tears and with fear to find me for help. Tommy and I made it in however we were soaked. We talked about how the rain drops are just water and we were wet but we were safe. I really hope I don't see the fear in their eyes too many times; it really broke my heart to see that.

No comments: